Our desire is to join Jesus on His mission. This means actively seeking out ways to volunteer & donate to our neighbors with the same love that Christ has shown to us. We have many opportunities to volunteer & donate whether it’s in your own neighborhood, in our city, in our nation and even the world!
Volunteer & Donate Opportunities
363 days sandwiches thank you
- Over 2,000 sandwiches were made for our homeless neighbors this past Sunday; all sandwiches were distributed that day by Allan Law, founder of the 363 Days Food Program.
- Thank you to all who participated and for sharing God’s love in our community!
- Brenda Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org/763.235.7630
Child development center | Assistant director position
- Assistant Director: We are accepting résumés for this full-time position; individual must enjoy working with children, be qualified as a teacher by the DHS, and have the ability to work on a variety of administrative tasks.
- Résumés will be accepted through Monday, February 26:
Jan Stockman email@example.com
Child development center | Summer camp donations
- Our Center will be offering summer school-age camps
- Donations: We are in need of new or gently used games and chapter books for children in K-4th grade.
- Please bring your donations to the CDC office.
Griefshare set-up | volunteers needed
- Help provide a welcoming environment for grieving people in our community this Sunday or any future Sunday after the 11am service.
- We will lightly clean the Gathering Space and set up tables in the Resource Center.
- See Kay Christoffersen or text her at 763.489.8044
Jubellation ringers openings
- JuBellation Ringers, our adult handbell group, has openings for additional ringers.
- If you have some music reading skills and would like to help our group enhance worship, please contact:
- Mary Yerks firstname.lastname@example.org or Nancy Severeid
Free meals available to gift & encourage others
- Did your friend just get home from the hospital? Do you have a cousin who recently had a baby? Is your aunt grieving the loss of her husband? If so, stop by the Meals of Encouragement freezer, next to heBREWS, and pick up free meals you can deliver to them “…so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.” (Romans 15:13)
Usher volunteers needed
- Needed at all three services; this is a once-per-five weeks commitment. Men, women, and young adults are qualified and encouraged to serve with a spouse, child, or as a family. Kim Pieper email@example.com/612.210.3449
Hebrews espresso bar
- Enjoy a hot beverage at heBREWS and support our senior high mission trips!
- We are open between services on Sunday mornings.
2018-19 cdc enrollment | half-day preschool
- Enrollment opens January 15 to members and current families for our half-day preschool programs (3- to 5-year olds); enrollment opens to the community on January 29. Classrooms fill quickly, so don’t delay!
- Those enrolled in our full-day programs do not need to renew their enrollment.
- Kim Larson firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the Worship Screens Team
- Interested in serving on our Saturday 5pm or Sunday 11am worship screens team? This is a once-a-month commitment (plus occasional seasonal opportunities). Training provided.
- Nancy Severeid email@example.com/ 763.550.1000
Video ministry opportunities
- There are opportunities available to serve in the Beautiful Savior video ministry! We record Sunday worship for worldwide distribution on YouTube and re-broadcast on the Northwest Community Cable Channel. Contact Scott Ward firstname.lastname@example.org; Gary Eickelberg email@example.com; Nancy Severeid firstname.lastname@example.org/763.550.100 for more
2019 National youth gathering | Community Life Builder 25+
- Do you know someone 25+ who would love to serve as a Community Life Builder volunteer (known as “Yellow Shirts” because of the yellow shirts they wear) in Minneapolis July 11-15, 2019?
- If so, please have them visit lcmsgathering.com/clb to apply. Community Life Builders (CLBs) are a key group of volunteers who are trained and resourced to serve Gathering participants and help the event run smoothly. Known as the “Yellow Shirts” because of the yellow shirts they wear, CLBs work in the Gathering hotels, convention center, and stadium during the event.
2018 Altar FLOWERs
- You can sign up for altar flowers on the Beautiful Savior website: http://www.beautifulsaviorlc.org/donations
- If you have any questions or prefer to have Kim sign you up, please contact Kim: email@example.com.
- The suggested donation is $40. Please make your check payable to Beautiful Savior, noting “altar flowers” on the memo line. Checks can be placed in the offering plate, in Kim Pieper’s mailbox at the church office, or given directly to Kim.