Our desire is to join Jesus on His mission. This means actively seeking out ways to volunteer & donate to our neighbors with the same love that Christ has shown to us. We have many opportunities to volunteer & donate whether it’s in your own neighborhood, in our city, in our nation and even the world!
Volunteer & Donate Opportunities
Pray for an lwml mission
- Tanzanian Sewing Center teaches young women sewing, life skills, and the Gospel which gives them the opportunity to change their lives and escape poverty.
- $25,000 grant will be used to build classrooms with a 50-student capacity, as well as a dormitory.
- To support the work of the many LWML missions, please place your Mites into the large Mite Box at the Welcome Center.
Sunday school | Make a difference today!
- The Sunday School Support Team is a group of individuals who assist in preparing activities, supplies, rooms, and technology for use on Sunday mornings.
- These behind-the-scenes volunteer positions offer a flexible schedule based on the specific tasks needed each week. You don’t need to have children in Sunday School or a special skill set to join the team!
- Brenda Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org or Bill Johnson email@example.com
Video ministry opportunities
- There are opportunities available to serve in the Beautiful Savior video ministry! We record Sunday worship for worldwide distribution on YouTube and re-broadcast on the Northwest Community Cable Channel. Contact Scott Ward firstname.lastname@example.org; Gary Eickelberg email@example.com; Nancy Severeid firstname.lastname@example.org/763.550.100 for more
2019 National youth gathering | Community Life Builder 25+
- Do you know someone 25+ who would love to serve as a Community Life Builder volunteer (known as “Yellow Shirts” because of the yellow shirts they wear) in Minneapolis July 11-15, 2019?
- If so, please have them visit lcmsgathering.com/clb to apply. Community Life Builders (CLBs) are a key group of volunteers who are trained and resourced to serve Gathering participants and help the event run smoothly. Known as the “Yellow Shirts” because of the yellow shirts they wear, CLBs work in the Gathering hotels, convention center, and stadium during the event.
December 24 | worship volunteers needed
- One-Time Communion Cup Washers: Needed after the
following special services on the 4th Sunday in Advent/Christmas Eve:
- Dec. 24 Morning: 8:30 & 11:00am
- Dec. 24 Afternoon/Evening: 2:00, 3:30, 5:00 & 11:00pm
- Kim Pieper email@example.com
2018 Altar FLOWERs
- You can sign up for altar flowers on the Beautiful Savior website: http://www.beautifulsaviorlc.org/donations
- If you have any questions or prefer to have Kim sign you up, please contact Kim: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The suggested donation is $40. Please make your check payable to Beautiful Savior, noting “altar flowers” on the memo line. Checks can be placed in the offering plate, in Kim Pieper’s mailbox at the church office, or given directly to Kim.
Hebrews espresso bar
- During the month of December, stop by heBREWS on Sundays between services for eggnog, eggnog lattes, and hot
- Purchase a heBREWS mug and punch card for $35, a savings of $5!
Share a Blessings bag
- More than 400 Blessing Bags, packed by our Faith Basics students on Wednesday night, are available in the Gathering Space for you to share with those in need.
Arrive ministries congregational conversation
- Join us for another opportunity for conversation on Wednesday, December 20, 5-6pm in Great Room A.
- Pastor Joe Behnke email@example.com
Houston relief trip update
- We will be serving in Houston March 3-10, 2018.
- Join us for an informational meeting on Sunday, December 10, at 9:45am in the Sanctuary or Wednesday, December 13, at 5pm in the Resource Center (Rm. 160).
- Bill Johnson firstname.lastname@example.org or
Pastor Joe Behnke email@example.com
11am usher volunteers needed
- Many ushers are needed to welcome people to worship each weekend.
- We are in great need of 11am ushers; this is a once-per-five weeks commitment. Training provided in January.
- Kim Pieper firstname.lastname@example.org/612.210.3449 or ask any of the ushers today for more information.