Our desire is to join Jesus on His mission. This means actively seeking out ways to volunteer & donate to our neighbors with the same love that Christ has shown to us. We have many opportunities to volunteer & donate whether it’s in your own neighborhood, in our city, in our nation and even the world!
Volunteer & Donate Opportunities
Worship volunteers needed
- Altar team members and communion cup washers needed for the Saturday 5pm and Sunday 11am services beginning in September.
- This once-a-month commitment is available to adults, older students, couples, and families.
- Kim Pieper firstname.lastname@example.org
Pray for an lcms missionary
- Cindy Zirbel Wrucke is serving the Lord through LCMS as director of communications in the Eurasia region.
- She develops effective regional communication strategies and presents timely information about Eurasia mission work through various media.
- Pray for help adapting to a new culture and language, strength for her to boldly share the Gospel through effective communications, and for safe travels throughout the region.
Rally weekend | September 8 & 10
- Community Open House: On Friday, September 8, 4-8pm, join us for an evening of free fun, food, and community. Invite your friends and neighbors!
- Rally Day: On Sunday, September 10, we will meet in the Sanctuary at 9:45am to kick off the 2017-18 program year.
Seeking Board of director candidates
- Stop by the Welcome Center to pick up detailed information about the Board of Director position and nominating process.
Three Board positions are available; submit candidates via the Nomination Box at the Welcome Center.
Nomination deadline: September 10 Contact Anna Boeder, Randy Christoffersen, or Paula Loveless
Child Development Center | Accepting Résumés
- Part-Time Infant Teacher Assistant: 7:30am-noon, Monday-Friday
- Part-Time Preschool Teacher Assistant: 8am-6pm, Mondays and Wednesdays
- Part-Time Kitchen Manager: 10:30am-2:30pm, Monday-Friday; set up/clean up snacks and lunch
- Employment begins September 1st
- Jan Stockman email@example.com 763.235.7626
Children’s & student Ministries | Ready to serve?
- There are many opportunities for you to serve our preschool to high-school-age students on Wednesday nights or Sunday mornings. We especially need small group guides.
- Preschool – Elementary Students: Brenda Meyer firstname.lastname@example.org
- Middle School – High School Students: Amy Niemann email@example.com
2018 Senior high service opportunities
- Puerto Rico, July 21-28: Step out of your comfort zone next summer! Students need to have served on a previous mission trip to participate; preregistration and $100 deposit due by August 15.
- Green Bay, June 24-30: Students entering grades 8+ can participate in this Workcamp experience; no previous mission trip experience necessary; registration and $50 deposit due by October 1.
- Forms available outside Amy’s office or visit http://www.beautifulsaviorlc.org/9-12th-grade
Griefshare & divorcecare | volunteer meeting
- THIS Wednesday, August 16, at 7pm in the Resource Center. A brief planning meeting for anyone interested in serving on the GriefShare or DivorceCare ministry teams.
- Serving opportunities: Purchase snacks, set up/clean up, greet group participants, or lead small group discussion.
- Kay Christoffersen firstname.lastname@example.org
LUTHERAN WOMEN’S MISSIONARY LEAGUE (LWML) | KICK-OFF
- Come experience a time of fellowship and learn more about upcoming women’s Bible studies and activities!
Wednesday, August 23, 7-8pm in the Resource Center
- Altar flowers can be donated to beautify our Sanctuary for a special occasion (birthday or anniversary) or in memory of a loved one.
- You can sign up on the Beautiful Savior website: http://www.beautifulsaviorlc.org/donations/
- The suggested donation is $40. Please make your check payable to Beautiful Savior, noting “altar flowers” on the memo line. Checks can be placed in the offering plate, in Kim Pieper’s mailbox near the church office, or given directly to Kim.
- Flowers can be picked up after the 11am service if you want to bring them home.
JOIN THE LAWN CARE TEAM
- Interested in joining one of the four church lawn care teams? Each team cuts grass for two hours once a month using riding lawn mowers.
- Contact Bob Donley email@example.com/763-553-1344
Do you have a heart for serving the hurting and grieving?
- If so, we have an opening for you on our volunteer funeral team.
- Duties include: preparing the Sanctuary and Gathering Space for the funeral and serving the needs of the grieving family before and during the funeral. For more information, contact Kim Pieper firstname.lastname@example.org