Faith Basics | 7-8th Grade
7-8th grade students join us in the Sanctuary for Faith Basics where we learn and review basics of our faith. The year consists of classes, service projects, and three fellowship events. Small groups meet with an adult guide following a large group presentation.
Faith Basics Requirements
Class Attendance & Notes
- No more than 2 absences per quarter
- 1st year students- 10 reports
- 2nd year students- 20 reports
Attend at least 2 of 3 retreats. Annual registration fee of $225 for retreat supply costs, need-based scholarship assistance available.
- Mystery Trip: Details TBD September, students will be surprised with a fun 30 hours of activities! Adults interested in serving as chaperones should contact Amy at email@example.com and complete a background check form.
- Quake: Details TBD February, we will be attending the Quake in the Wisconsin Dells! Permission slip due no later than October. Adults interested in serving as chaperones should contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete a background check form.
- Honoring God Retreat: Details TBD Parents & students should set aside the evening and the morning & afternoon in the spring to hear dynamic speaker Rebecca Meidinger share about how we can honor God and others with our bodies. Registration details coming soon.
Please note: 8th grade students are eligible to travel on Sr. High Mission trip. Watch for details this fall.
- 2nd year students write an essay about their faith to share with the congregation
- Topic is distributed in the spring.
- Students will also prepare a creative project about their faith for presentation to the Faith Basics classes.
Memory Work Booklets
- This year, students and parents will go through 3 booklets of scripture, memory work, and activities. Our topics are Baptism, Confession, and The Lord’s Prayer. Pick up a copy at our Wednesday evening Faith Basics class.