Faith Basics | 7-8th Grade
7-8th grade students hang out in the Sanctuary to learn and review the basics of our faith— FAITH BASICS! The year consists of classes, service projects, and three fellowship events. Small groups meet with an adult guide following a large group presentation.
If you have a middle school student who hasn’t been a part of a First Communion class, Super Sundays, or Faith Basics and you’d like to know more about how we help young people grow in their relationship with Jesus…Contact: Amy Niemann firstname.lastname@example.org
Faith Basics Requirements
Class Attendance & Notes: No more than 2 absences per quarter
Sermon Reports: 1st year students- 10 reports, 2nd year students- 20 reports
Retreats: Attend at least 2 of 3 retreats. Annual registration fee of $225 for retreat supply costs, need-based scholarship assistance available. Please note: 8th grade students are eligible to travel on Sr. High Mission trip. Watch for details this fall.
- Mystery Trip: Details TBD September, students will be surprised with a fun 30 hours of activities! Adults interested in serving as chaperones should contact Amy at email@example.com and complete a background check form.
- Quake: Details TBD February, we will be attending the Quake in the Wisconsin Dells! Permission slip due no later than October. Adults interested in serving as chaperones should contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete a background check form.
- Honoring God Retreat: Details TBD Parents & students should set aside the evening and the morning & afternoon in the spring to hear dynamic speaker Rebecca Meidinger share about how we can honor God and others with our bodies. Registration details coming soon.
- 2nd year students write an essay about their faith to share with the congregation during worship. Topic is distributed in the spring.
- Students will also prepare a creative project about their faith for presentation to the Faith Basics classes.
Memory Work Booklets: This year, students and parents will go through 3 booklets of scripture, memory work, and activities. Our topics are Baptism, Confession, and The Lord’s Prayer. Pick up a copy at our Wednesday evening Faith Basics class.