Welcome 6-8th Grade Students!
As you enter your teens, we are excited to grow with you! We dive deep into our faith and learn what God says about prayer; who He says He is; how He shows his love for us by giving us guidelines for living; and how He is present with us through water, wine, and bread. This is a welcoming place where you can get to know God better and make your faith your own. You’ll have fun and build a community of Christian friends as we sing, serve, talk, and listen together. And we have an incredibly great time on our retreats. See you soon!
Contact us at 763.235.7629 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our programs for 6-8th grade students.
Our awesome presenters and guides provide great leadership, interesting discussions, and engaging activities as we walk through the entire Bible in a 3-year cycle. We will supplement what we learn in Faith Basics and First Communion Class and learn how to live out what we believe. If you have attended Super Sundays in the past, no need to sign up— just show up!
7-8th grade students hang out in the Sanctuary to learn and review the basics of our faith— FAITH BASICS! The year consists of classes, service projects, and three fellowship events. Small groups meet with an adult guide following a large group presentation. If you have a middle school student who hasn’t been a part of a First Communion class, Super Sundays, or Faith Basics and you’d like to know more about how we help young people grow in their relationship with Jesus.
Faith Basics Requirements
- Class Attendance & Notes: No more than 2 absences per quarter
- Sermon Reports: 1st year students- 10 reports, 2nd year students- 20 reports
- Retreats: Attend 3 retreats offered annually (Mystery Trip, Quake, Honoring God Retreat). Annual registration fee of $240 for retreat supply costs, need-based scholarship assistance available. Please note: 8th-grade students are eligible to travel on Sr. High Mission trip next summer!
- Confirmation Essay: 2nd-year students write an essay about their faith to share with the congregation during worship. The topic is distributed in the spring. Students will also prepare a creative project about their faith for presentation to the Faith Basics classes.
- Memory Work Booklets: Students and parents will go through 3 booklets of scripture, memory work, and activities. Our topics are Baptism, Confession, and The Lord’s Prayer. Pick up a copy at our Wednesday evening Faith Basics class.