Every woman needs friends to share the happy and sad times, the triumphs and the disappointments. At Beautiful Savior you’ll find lots of ways to connect with other women through Bible study, handcrafts, and time away.
Christimas Tea – Coming Soon
Join us on Saturday, December 2, for our Women’s Christmas Tea! Women of all ages are invited to a Christmas tea event where you can delight in beautifully decorated hostess tables, build relationships, enjoy special guest Author Tomm Hegg, and a light lunch. This year’s theme is: Christmas Memories…Celebrate With A Cup of Christmas Tea. Hostess registration takes place Oct. 1-31 and ticket sales are Nov. 5-26. For more information about this event or to become a hostess, contact: Sally Price, Hostess Coordinator, at email@example.com or 763. 208.1567
Our retirees/seniors group meets monthly on the second Tuesday of each month for a potluck lunch, devotion, fellowship, and a small program. Outings are also occasionally scheduled.
For questions of for more information, please contact Kay Christoffersen 763-235-7623
Lutheran Women’s Missionary League
What is the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League?
- The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- It has at its “mission heart” thousands of volunteers who are daily dedicating their lives to making a difference in this world.
- It is women who are finding avenues to use their God-given talents as they meet the challenge to share the Gospel message.
- It is composed of individual women and women’s groups within congregations of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod, on campuses, in residence homes, or in other settings.
- It provides individual membership to women in LCMS congregations with or without a society affiliated with the LWML. Women may have an interest in the mission and ministry of the LWML – and wish to be part of the organization – but cannot, for a variety of reasons, be part of a local group. Individual membership is designed for these women.
- It seeks to develop and maintain a greater mission consciousness among the women of the Synod through education, inspiration, and service.
- It places a major emphasis on the support of mission and ministry throughout the world by means of Mite Box offerings. These Mite Box offerings have funded over 100 million dollars in mission grants since the organization’s inception in 1942.
The Mite Box
Based on the Biblical account of the widow’s mite (Luke 21:1-4), the Mite Box is intended for regular contributions of “mites” – offerings above and beyond the support given to the congregation and the Synod. Mite Box contributions amount to millions of dollars that fund district and national mission grants and implement the LWML program. Mite Boxes are available from the district, zone, through the LWML Catalog, and/or online. They are distributed to every woman in a society, and often to each member of the congregation. Mite Boxes ideally will be located in a prominent place where all who see them will be reminded to contribute regularly and pray for the grant recipients. Some congregations display a large version of the Mite Box so those who do not attend LWML events may contribute their mites. Mite Box offerings should be gathered at LWML functions, preferably with a prayer or a Mite Box devotion. Refer to the LWML Catalog or the “Shop” tab at http://www.lwml.org to order printed copies of devotions, songs, poems, etc. Some resources are available as free downloads at http://www.lwml.org. Societies remit Mite Box contributions regularly to a designated district financial officer; individuals may send their mites to that same district financial officer.
The LWML Mission Statement
The mission of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
The LWML Vision Statement
The LWML is the leading group for LCMS women where each woman is welcomed and encouraged to use her unique God-given gifts as she supports global missions and serves the Lord with gladness.
Quilts are sewn and distributed to those in need. Grab your scissor and thread a needle…it’s time to quilt! We’ll even teach you how! Meeting twice a month this group works on quilts that will be sent to organizations serving people near and far. Quilts of various sizes are assembled throughout the year and then tied during an annual quilting bee in May.